I was playing my usual selection of games recently and enjoying them as usual, for me Fallout 3 and New Vegas never get old. Also watching my brother playing Final Fantasy 13 was also all fine and good and everything that comes with that sort of game, etc. Then made supper and thought to myself although this meal I am eating is not a bad meal as I am not the worlds worst cook by any means but it is still nothing like my mother used to make.
The one most notable improvement, is the frame rate. It’s no where near as bad as it was but at the same time it’s no where near where it should be either.
However, NPC’s are still getting stuck on objects at times, usually at bad ones and some users are still complaining about the saved game corruption.
The combat system also needs to be tweaked. I’ve found that in combat, sometimes, some groups of enemies that should be separated by some virtual line, are becoming part of combat encounters which SHOULDN’T include them in the first place. So when you are done beating who you think the last guy is. Think again. If Batman is still in his combat pose , chances are there is a badguy/badguys some where near you that is part of the combat encounter.
Let it be known that Warner Bros. did issue a public apology and assured that their teams are working very hard to rectify the problem. I’m playing through the game again to see if there’s any improvement.
Still, the fix is better than nothing…..*sigh* I really wish I could believe that. But it’s hard when when Batman: Arkham City casts a very big shadow
- ‘Stiq Tips: A Batman: Arkham Origins Guide (joystiq.com)
- Batman: Arkham Origins bugs prompt Warner Bros. apology (joystiq.com)
- ‘Batman: Arkham Origins’: Warner Bros apologises for bugs (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Batman Arkham City Creator’s New Game Coming Next Year? (curiosidadesnainternet.com)
- Batman: Arkham Origins Dev Working on a Patch to Repair Game-Breaking Bugs (myxboblog.com)
- Review: Batman: Arkham Origins (destructoid.com)
- Batman Arkham Origins patch 1.1 release demanded (product-reviews.net)
- Batman: Arkham Origins Dev Working to Solve Crashes, Corrupted Saves, and More (news.softpedia.com)
- Batman: Arkham Origins (Xbox 360, PS3, PC and Wii U) Review (ugrgaming.com)
- A Week in Gaming – Batman: Arkham Origins (geekforcenetwork.com)