Another quick update..
I installed it last night and I must say I was quite impressed. The most noticeable improvements are the frame rates. They tend to drop for a few seconds (not badly, I might add) and then returns to normal. Same can be said when exploring a part of the city that has a lot going on like lights to render, the snow, neon signs, etc, etc. Keep in mind though that every so often the frame rates do drop but they return to normal quite quickly.
Combat also seems to have been tweaked, much of the free flow in the combat feels more like Arkham City. I got into about fifteen fights last night and it felt more like a Batman game. I did notice that thugs who shouldn’t be part of combat encounters are no longer a problem now (or that’s how it seemed) so maybe my rant was heard after all. There are still a few tweaks that I think should be done and I have made my voice impossible to ignore but if I complain anymore then I might be deemed one of those guys that never appreciate anything. Silly me for forking over R650-00 (+-$65) for a game I expected to work.
The fast travel has been improved, no longer causing the frame rate problem afterwards, but depending on how often you use the Fast Travel System you may experience audio lag and stuttering frame rates during the transition but once returning to the normal gameplay, everything returns to normal.
I must add that I have no idea what’s happening with the WiiU version, there are reported bugs, most of them identical but no official word on a patch is out for them yet.
With this patch a lot of bugs have been ironed out but unfortunately there are still quite a number of issues that needs to be addressed.
- Some users are still battling with their corrupted save files across all platforms but the Xbox peeps seems to be having a worse time with it.
(A common link that I’ve found on the forums between the Xbox360 and the PS3 version is that on most accounts where users experience this corruption, the save file is being uploaded online. So might I suggest that if you fall into this category, do not save to the cloud. Disconnect from the internet, and save on the machine.)
- Getting stuck in an elevator towards the end of the game
- A switch not activating to allow access to the lift
- Freezing periodically
- Gordon not appearing on the bridge
- Some case files are still not updating or not starting quests
- Infinite falling when disarming bombs on the bridge
There are probably way more glitches and bugs but these are the main culprits.
(The 1.3 patch was supposed to sort the infinite falling out but it doesn’t seem like it. I think those guys are going to have to restart their games to be honest)
Have an excellent day or evening depending on the time zone and I’ll keep you posted with any more news.
- Batman: Arkham Origins – Patch Update V1.2 (PS3) (gamerstherapy.wordpress.com)
- Arkham Origins dev apologizes for bugs, says patches are coming (polygon.com)
- Batman: Arkham Origins bugs prompt Warner Bros. apology (joystiq.com)
- Warner Brothers Apologize for bugs in new Batman Arkham Origins! (jordanmcfeders.wordpress.com)