Well, things do happen fast don’t they? I’ve been exceptionally lucky to have met so many great people on the internet, especially here at WordPress. Usually, i take Sunday off and just take a bit of “me time” but for some strange reason I decided to check my blog. Imagine my surprise when i saw a link to Drakulus23’s site, Drakulus with a strange looking title. Reading a little further down his article I saw…..what?….Oh…..It was a nomination for….yup the headline gave it away, the Liebster Award. Nominated by Drakulus for yours truly i was actually stunned but not for the reason you might think. Simply because Drakulus23 and I didn’t start off on the smoothest road, but have wound up becoming fast friends on this crazy little site called WordPress. Thanks Drakulus, it is most appreciated.
While I am thanking people, lets kill two birds with one stone. After being nominated by Drakulus23, I visited another one of our fellow bloggers who myself and Drakulus are getting to know quite well thanks to her active twitter feed, LadyCroft3 over at Linksaveszelda who Drakulus also nominated. Imagine my stunned silence at this point, when i saw that she had also nominated Gamers Therapy for the Liebster Award. I believe the first word out of my mouth was “.……………..” Yup, nothing. My tongue was on the floor, my jaw twitching behind it. So I guess thanks to Ladycroft3 as well for her nomination. This means I have double the work load, however I am only going to nominate 11 bloggers and as per LadyCroft3’s advice, answer both sets of questions from each nominator right here instead of writing two separate articles.
The Liebster Award has a few rules that go along with a nomination. These rules must be followed in order to formally accept the nomination. There are only five associated with the Liebster Award, they are as follows:
- Post the Liebster Award graphic on your site.
- Thank the blogger who nominated your blog.
- Answer the 11 questions from the post of the person (or persons) who nominated you.
- The nominee will nominate 11 other blogs.
- The nominee will then create 11 questions of their own for their nominated bloggers to answer in their Liebster post.
So with the long winded intro, and thanks out of the way, onto the questions.
First set of questions comes from Drakulus23:
1. What’s your favorite game of all time? Not your second or third favorite but your favorite game ever. Let me know!
I’ve been gaming for a long time, I have many favorites…I guess it would have to Batman: Arkham City. I’m always going back to it for a quick fix.
2. Where was your favorite place to go as a child?
Haha, as cliche as a gamer can be, i loved going to the arcade. I would spend hours playing Metal Slug, Mortal Kombat and……Miss. Pacman, yup, Miss. Pacman. (on that note, see the movie Van Wilder for an awesome Miss. Pacman Joke):-)
3. Who do you look up to the most in life?
My wife, Debbie. She’s strong, independent, tough and at the same time, sweet, tender and caring. Without her, our little steam train would’ve run out of juice long ago.
4. What’s your dream? Doctor, Lawyer, Serial Killer, etc :]
Honestly another cliche, but I’ve always wanted to write about games for a living and work at a place like IGN, Gamespot etc, etc.
5. Have you ever farted in the middle of a crowd of people and blamed it on someone else? Be honest people
lol, honestly no, never done that. I have farted silently and then watched everyone look around awkwardly while i giggled in silence.
6. Name 5 things you want to do before you die.
I’d love to go skydiving, get my family out of South Africa, move to America, buy a house and be the best father I can be.
7. Who’s your favorite Author?
I don’t really have one, but if I’d have to choose, i would say Dan Brown. I love conspiracies.
8. What’s your favorite comic book series?
9. If you could have any super power what would it be? Would you use your powers for good, or evil?
Charles Xaviers Telepathy power and I’d use them for both. Nothing to evil, but maybe do something to humiliate my employers.
10. Imagine yourself in Fallout 3, what would you do?
I would kill myself. In a game as boring as Fallout, what with all the walking, just put me out of my misery. (expecting hate mail after that)
11. How tall are you?
I’m actually quite short, 5,6″
Shoo, all those questions done and dusted. Next set from Ladycroft3:
1. If you were deserted on an island with only one game and one console (or PC I suppose), what would they be?
My PS3 and Mass Effect 2, simply because Mass Effect 2 is rich in story and has a crap load of content.
2. What is your favorite gaming accessory? A guide, a headset, a special controller, something else?
I don’t have a favorite, but if i could i would get a Hauppauge HD video recorder so i can record gameplay.
3. What is your favorite movie?
No, i can’t name one because all of them together make one excellent movie….Back To The Future.
4. What is your favorite band?
I don’t have any favorites. I love all music depending on my mood.
5. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
6. Star Wars or Star Trek?
7. If you are in school, what are your studying? If you aren’t, what would you like to study?
Journalism, graphic design and programming.
8. Who would win in a fight, Nathan Drake or Lara Croft?
Hmmm, i think Nathan Drake would win hands down.
9. What is your favorite/most meaningful possession?
My grandfathers ring, has the initials R.N. Throughout our family every son has had their names start with an R. The rings been passed down through each generation.
10. If you could live anywhere in the world comfortable and free of charge, where would you live?
America. I want me and Debz to walk through Central Park, get blinded by Times Square, grab a Star-Bucks coffee, read the New York Times and take a walk down Wall Street.
11. Who is your favorite video game character?
Ezio Auditore da Firenze
Thanks again to LadyCroft3 and Drakulus23 for the nominations, I really do appreciate it and I am more than happy to try and assist my fellow bloggers. So, here are my nominations for The Liebster Award, and I have taken some careful thought into this hence why it’s taken so long for this article to go up,
my opinion as a gamer
duck of indeed
I am Dean
My Two Caps
Author Seo Connor
The Ink Blot
The Cursed Son
The Chicago Dream
Down The Line
Here are my 11 questions and good luck!
1. What Video Game would you most like to see get made into a successful movie?
2. If a zombie apocalypse occurred what type of character do you think you would be? (soldier, strategist, etc, etc)
3. Do you think The Last Guardian will ever come out and why?
4. Do you believe in censorship for games?
5. Would you sell your console, if you had nothing else to sell to help starving kids?
6. If you’re preferred console doomed itself would you move to the opposition?
7. Who has more money, Bat-Man or Iron-Man?
8. How do you feel about a characters race being changed for a film adaption and why?
9. Are you a Templar or an Assassin and why?
10. Do you think Duke Nukem will ever make a decent come back?
11. Are you following Gamers Therapy? (If no, explain why) 🙂