First off, I would like to apologize for the lack of posts this week. Having a new human in our midst is quite tiresome and when i eventually have the free time i would rather sleep. Rest assured I am going to try not make a habit of this and so, onto my thoughts…
A few weeks ago my wife and I were talking about religion. Having our first child we were met with a number of pre-judgement judgements of when we were going to get Paige christened, who we should go to and how much our families would appreciate it. Debbie and I are not really that religious so we are still uncertain as how to proceed. While we were discussing this though one of my random thoughts popped out of my head and I said, ” I wonder why they don’t convert the bible into a video game?”
The way the world is going it just seems to me that religion is taking a serious back seat if you compare what religion means to your parents or grandparents. My generation had already started making conscious decisions about what religion they wanted and if they even wanted to have a religion. On a personal note, I have never been what you would call a believer. But there is a nagging doubt in my mind that it all might be true.
Nobody can preach to me. No one can convince me that I am one hundred percent wrong, but I think gaming could.
There have been countless religious films which have been pretty good in conveying a message and I only know a handful of games that have in your face religion in it and those ones sucked. The lamest one I ever played was Captain Bible.
What if you found a developer who could create a AAA title with the story of Noah and the Ark. I and i don’t mean these easy games or click point adventures I’m talking serious hardware specs. Imagine if you will, the flood has come, it’s a monsoon and the planet is flooded. You get to steer the Ark to safety. Base it on Assassins Creed 3‘s naval battle missions and that’s just one example of what could be done.
When you think about it in-depth it does tend to sound a bit lame but I’m confident that one of the big boy studios would be able to pull this off and send messages to people like me who might actually listen.
What story from the bible would you like to see in Video Games?
Let me know because I’m seriously curious
- Religion in Games (mythopoeicrambling.blogspot.com)
- Is Religion Outdated in the 21st Century? (richarddawkins.net)
- Atheists prefer video games over board games (secularnewsdaily.com)
- Why God Opposes Religion (emdog.wordpress.com)
- Group challenges prayer before council meetings (rapidcityjournal.com)
- How do you define yourself? (donethisbefore.com)
- Religion Matters: Meditation means slowing down and just listening ” TCPalm.com (karahpino.me)
- Religion and Science (zenplitics.com)
- Satanism is A dying Religion (churchofleviathan.com)
- I don’t do religion or crusades and again, Yesterday ended MMT: 07:05 ago … (ireport.cnn.com)